What Cleaning Supplies do the Professional Cleaning Companies use for Office Cleaning?
The first impression a tidy office leaves on customers is important, but it’s equally important for employees to work in a space that’s neatly organized and well-maintained. Warrington-based cleaning companies providing professional office cleaning services usually bring their own equipment and tools, but do you know what exactly you need to keep your workspace pristine?
If you’ve ever wondered how professionals handle these tasks, our guide and office cleaning checklist is the perfect place to start.
So Let’s Take a Look!
What do you use to keep your office clean?
The tools you’ll use when cleaning your office will differ slightly by the building type and the different furnishings and flooring but generally speaking, here is what you are going to need:
Personal Protective Equipment
(PPE)Chemicals and other hazardous substances need to be risk assessed and all COSHH assessments kept with the cleaning supplies. Ensuring you are using the right chemicals and the right equipment can help you get your office clean effectively and avoid accidents and injuries.
- Hand protection– Wearing gloves can keep your hands protected from strong chemicals. During dusting and sanitising tasks, transparent vinyl gloves provide effective protection, while rubber ones will offer greater protection when using some stronger chemicals.
- Caution sign– Slip and trips are one of the most common causes of accidents in offices. Preventing workplace injuries and potential lawsuits can be prevented by simply putting out caution signs to let everyone know of the potential risks.
Dusting & wiping
For thorough dust removal, be sure to have the following items to hand:
- Microfibre cloth– Microfibre cloths are an excellent chemical-free option for getting rid of dust from your workspace and office areas. Due to the positively charged nature of microfibre, it attracts and picks up negatively charged dust and dirt particles.
- Feather duster– Do people seriously still use feather dusters – sure they do, although very few are actually still made of feathers. A good lambswool or microfibre is more common to remove dust from blinds and cobwebs from hard-to-reach areas Since you’ll be performing this task daily, it’s best to use a feather duster, but you can also use lambswool to keep things extra clean. We like to use extendable feather dusters so that you are not over-stretching to get into the corners of ceilings where cobwebs are prevalent. Don’t forget when dusting like with all cleaning work systematically to avoid missing areas and work and top-to-bottom, dropping dust to the floor to be vacuumed up.
- Disinfectants– Disinfection is the last step after areas are clean since the Covid pandemic it is in the forefront of most peoples mind but areas need to be cleaned first. Using a cloth or duster only removes dust, but use a disinfectant and multi purpose cleaner to deal with high touch point areas. Such as switches, door handles fridge doors kitchen appliances etc.
Floor Cleaning and Maintenance
Thousands of dirt particles are transmitted on the floor as soon as you enter the office, requiring regular and thorough vacuuming and mopping. In order to do this, you’ll need:
- A commercial vacuum cleaner– Make sure you invest in a quality vacuum cleaner with multiple attachments enabling you to reach all areas of the office.
- A mop and the right floor chemical– Once you’re done vacuuming, use a mop soaked in the appropriate floor agent to sanitise the floors. To remove stubborn dirt look at a cleaner with a high alkaline content, such as Selden’s Strongarm
- A scrubber Dryer – for large tiled or vinyl floored areas
Keeping toilets and restrooms clean
Scrubbing, sanitising, and mopping are all vital parts of restroom maintenance. In addition to the supplies listed above, you’ll also need:
- Sanitisers and disinfectantsfor restrooms
- Brushes and spongesfor scrubbing bowls
- Refillsfor toilet paper, deodorants, and blocks
Additional supplies to consider
In addition to bin bags both large and small, your business will also require soap, washing up liquid, paper towels, toilet paper, and hand sanitisers.
What is the leading company in Warrington, Cheshire, that provides quality office cleaning services?
If you think it’s about time to call in a reliable commercial cleaning service, or perhaps you’d like to know in more detail what professional office cleaning entails, Cheshire Specialist Cleaning should be your first point of call. We have a team of skilled and knowledgeable cleaners ready to take on any cleaning challenge, no matter what the scope.